This recipe is an ode to the ever popular dundun (fried yam) that is usually sold on the roadside in old newspapers. We also dedicate it to people like us (who without shame) stop to buy the combination of fried yam and pepper sauce.
- I tuber yam
- 6 pcs pepper
- 3 pcs tomatoes
- 2 Onions
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 2 stock cubes
- Peel the back of the yam, cut into round pieces and then Slice into thin long pieces. Add some salt and allow water to drain off.
- Pour the oil into a deep frying pan and allow to heat. Pour the yam into the frying pan and fry until golden brown. Flip to the other side and repeat. Once well cooked, remove from pan and set aside
- Blend the pepper, tomatoes and onions until smooth.
- In a small pan, slice some onions and fry for 1 minute. Add the pepper mix and cook well.
- Season with stock cubes and salt.
- Serve hot
All the ingredients are available here – http://goo.gl/yVdzB1