Yamarita is yam and egg that studied abroad. Lol! We particularly love Yamarita because we can freely eat yam, egg and sauce without having too much on our plate. We have added grilled fish because we can.
- 1 yam – Medium
- 4 pcs eggs
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 6 pieces fresh pepper
- 1 kg croaker fish
- 2 pcs tatase
- 2 small onions
- 3 seasoning cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Peel the yam, cut into round slices, wash and cook until soft for about 10 minutes and set aside covered.
- Break the eggs in a bowl, season with salt, stock cubes, spring onions and some sliced fresh pepper.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Dip the yam in the egg. Allow to soak and then place in the frying pan and cook until golden brown. Do this with the remaining yam slices.
- Clean the fish, season with some blended pepper; salt, stock cubes, turmeric and any other spice you prefer (keep one fish for the pepper sauce).
- Place fish in a zip lock bag and marinate for about 2 hours.
- Heat grill to 300 degrees. Place fish and grill for about 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Blend the pepper, onions and tatase. Pour some oil in a small sauce pan, add the blended pepper mix, season with salt and stock cubes. Add the fish and allow to cook for about 5 minutes and serve in a bowl.
- Serve in a large tray.
- All the ingredients are available here – http://goo.gl/yVdzB1