If you like pizza breads and cinnamon, here is your dream come true in one recipe! I am all for experimenting in the kitchen and I think everyone should try out this recipe. Of course, it would turn out good!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
For the cinnamon rolls:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pound pizza bread, at room temp
For the glaze:
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 6 Tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease an 8×11-inch baking dish with unsalted butter.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Lightly flour your work surface then roll out the dough into a 16×10-inch rectangle. Brush the dough all over with the melted butter then sprinkle it with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Starting at the long end closest to you, tightly roll the dough into a log. Cut the log into 12 rolls, about 1 1/2-inches each. Arrange each roll in the prepared baking dish about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the rolls for 20 to 25 minutes until the dough is fully cooked. Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool slightly while you make the glaze.
Make the glaze:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the slightly warm cinnamon rolls and serve immediately.