How many hours do you spend online? How many hours do you spend scrolling through instagram, admiring celebrity and even strangers? How many times have you burnt a meal or something else because you were so caught up in the trending story on Instagram?
How many times have you had to yell at your children to go offline because you have noticed they spend more time on social media than on their books or other important things?
Guess what Mark Zuckerberg feels the same way too when he said: “In 2018, we’re focusing on making sure Facebook isn’t just fun to use, but also good for people’s well-being and for society.”
“In 2018, we’re focusing on making sure Facebook isn’t just fun to use, but also good for people’s well-being and for society.”
One of their representatives also said
“Our hope is that these tools give people more control over the time they spend on our platforms and also foster conversations between parents and teens about the online habits that are right for them,”
So they decided to make the new facebook and instagram come with features/tools that will help you manage your time online or even your kids.
All you have to do is
- Go to the settings page on either app
- On Instagram, tap “Your Activity,” and on Facebook, tap “Your Time on Facebook.”
- At the top, you’ll see a dashboard showing your average time for that app on that device.
- Tap any bar to see your total time for that day.”
- However, to change or cancel the reminder, click on the “Notification Settings” to access the new “Mute Push Notifications” setting.