Vision problems can, and often do, occur without you or your child noticing them. Do pay attention to your children’s vision to spot unusual signs or symptoms.
If you have children between the ages of 3 and 6, be aware of these warning signs of possible preschool vision problems:
- Consistently sitting too close to the TV or holding a book too close
- Tilting the head to see better
- Frequently rubbing eyes, even when not sleepy
- Shielding eyes or other signs of sensitivity to light.
- Excessive tearing and watery eyes
- Closing one eye to read, watch TV or see better
- Avoiding activities that require near vision, such as coloring or reading, or distance vision, such as playing ball or tag
- Complaining of headaches or tired eyes