SWEET POTATO BALLS WITH UGWU
We are trying out Chinese restaurant and hotel restaurant strategies and we are proud of the results we are getting. This is just mashed sweet potato and vegetables (ugwu) rolled up in a ball. This meal is a million bucks to us.
This recipe is proof that you do not have to be a professional to come up with creative recipes. Wives, prepare this meal for your man and we bet he will love it and ask for more. The kids will also love this recipe In fact, this meal is an all rounder.
2 sweet potatoes (peeled & chopped)
2 tbs coconut milk
1 bunch Ugwu leaves (chopped)
1 Onion (diced)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp oregano
2 tbs Palm oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until tender. Transfer to a large bowl and mash with fork.
- To the mashed potatoes, add coconut milk, kale, onion and all the seasonings. Mix until well combined.
- Take a palm size, full of potato mixture and roll into a ball with wet hands. Repeat process until there is no mixture remaining.
- Place on baking sheet and Bake for 20 minutes.