Chocolate flavoured puff puff is by far the best recipe we have had this week (maybe this month, year? We are really considering it). We decided to get creative with regular recipes and this is what we came up with – Chocolate puff puff!!! We don’t need to say much, just order the ingredients here – and get cooking.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups milk
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 litre oil, for frying
Melted chocolate, for drizzling
Icing sugar, for dusting
3 bars dark chocolate
100 g unsalted butter
1 tbs vanilla essence
- Using a mixer bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on high speed until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- On low speed gradually add the flour and salt. Stir in the chocolate (broken into pieces)
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, at least one hour
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the milk and vegetable oil, and whisk until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- In a deep pan, heat oil until it reaches 360°F. Take a chilled ball of cookie dough and dip it in the batter, turning it over with your hands until it’s completely covered. Allow excess batter drip back into the bowl, and then gently drop it into the oil. Fry until they are puffed and a dark golden brown on all sides.
- Remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain. Repeat with the rest of the cookie dough balls and batter
- Drizzle puff puff with melted chocolate and dust some icing sugar before serving.
All the ingredients are available here – http://goo.gl/yVdzB1